Job Position: Bookkeeper
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter to take on the role of Bookkeeper. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, accountable candidate to learn alongside a seasoned Ontario Real Estate Developer.
Reporting to the Controller, the Bookkeeper will play a key role to provide reliable, timely, and efficient support and reporting for pre-development, construction, and closing projects for cost consultants, internal and external partners. The position entails preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and providing meaningful analysis on said statements. You will assist in the budgeting and forecasting process and maintain full accounting cycle for development projects.
- Oversee the full accounting cycle for multiple development projects and,
- Perform the intercompany transactions between multiple companies.
- Prepare cheque runs, electronic funds transfer payments and/or wire transfers to ensure invoices are paid when due.
- Manage accounts receivable including billings, invoicing, and collections process.
- Prepare Semi-monthly payroll and process payments and required government remittances.
- Ensure all entries posted into QuickBooks are in compliance with GAAP.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and process cash calls, record and reconcile project distributions/ contributions.
- Assist in monthly compliance reporting to lenders, government, and partners.
- Assist external accounting firm with HST filing, Year-end review engagement and Corporate Tax Returns.
- Accounting or Finance Degree, Diploma or equivalent post secondary education.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in full cycle Accounting position preferably within the construction or real estate development industry.
- Excellent proficiency in Quickbooks or Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to and operate in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, are mature, professional, reliable and looking for long term stability.
- You have the ability to work independently but also work effectively in a team environment.
- With Driving License.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Mandarin proficiently preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, In office + Remote Work
Experience: Bookkeeper or Accounting 1~2 years (required)
We invite you to fill out our online “Job Application” or forward your resume directly to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We offer professional development opportunities and a competitive compensation package.